Saturday, December 18, 2010

13 days

I finished designing my first handbag last night!!!! It feels so good to do something that I actually care about and am proud of in the end. Not to say that designing for children wasn't rewarding. Just... boring. Anything I ever made for a baby wasn't something that I wanted to show off to the world. So happy to have finally made the decision to switch gears in my shop.

That being said, I am beyond excited to design several more things before I debut the "line" at the start of the new year. I am probably the most modest person in the world, so to say that I am so proud of what I've designed (me, proud of myself - ha!) is saying something. Designing for kids was a great stepping stone for me but I have to say that I am glad to put it behind me.

Life has been so good to me this year. Unbelievable. Sometimes I'm living a fairytale. Truly. To say that I am grateful is a tremendous understatement.

Side note - did you know that a child never tires of asking for something that they really want? It's amazing, really, the persistence of a three year old. I wish I wanted anything everyday as much as my 3yo wants chocolate milk. Crisis averted, for the time being. Having her hang candy canes on the Christmas tree... so what if they are all on the same branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment