Thursday, December 23, 2010

the most wonderful time of the year

It's starting to scare me how smart Haley is. I expect her to grow up fast (she just turned three) ... but still. She left her "Ruffy" (most loved stuffed animal puppy, ever) at home today while we went to make Christmas cookies with family. She wanted to bring cookies home for Ruffy and everything. On the way home I suggested that maybe Ruffy was hanging out with Zeus (our german shepherd). She laughed and immediately said, "No, Mommy... Ruffy doesn't walk. He is just pretend." All while asking me about the spedometer and gas light.

Awesome. I never thought being a parent would be the most amazing thing in the world. It so is.

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. We are making a gingerbread house tomorrow, finally! Haley can't wait. I can't wait for Christmas morning with her. Santa is bringing some pretty cool stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment